Living in Munich, she inevitably met the local though Italian-born writer and producer Giorgio Moroder, who supervised the recording of her album Lady of the Night All the songs were written by Moroder and his lyric-writing partner Pete Bellotte, and the album was released only in the Netherlands.
Biography of Donna Summer
Moroder set about turning the song into a sexually charged disco track, encouraging the singer's moanings which she later said were inspired by Marilyn Monroe. It was recorded for Moroder's Oasis label, but received major distribution through a deal with LA-based Casablanca Records. Summer's lubricious performances prompted media controversy, which helped to launch her as "the first lady of love".
- Data Protection Choices.
- Living with Bowens Disease.
- The Queen and Her Crayons: An Interview With Donna Summer!
- The essence of self-inquiry Part 2. (Self-inquiry. Book 1).
- Somebodys Child: Stories About Adoption.
- The StreetSmart Negotiator: How to Outwit, Outmaneuver, and Outlast Your Opponents.
She won another for Hot Stuff. Summer now yearned to break away from the disco format, though she always defended the genre and was proud of her role in it.
During this period of her life, Ms. Summer began to retreat from stardom, seeking to lessen the madness super stardom injected in her life.
But generally, Ms. Summer had restructered her life to focus on her family and writing country music, including a number 1 hit for Dolly Parton. Donna Summer continues to fill concert halls and dominate the Billboard Dance charts, only rivaled by Madonna and Janet Jackson.
- Ley de la Jurisdicción Social 2ª eD. 2012 (Spanish Edition)!
- A Haunt of Murder (Canterbury Tales Mysteries Book 6).
- For Disco's First Diva, It's Still Not Last Dance - The New York Times!
- Katja wird erzogen (German Edition)!
She has been recording in preparation for a new album, a possible Broadway Play and autobiography. According to Ms. Topics Donna Summer.
Donna Summer's death: pop mourns singer who transformed dance music | Music | The Guardian
Electronic music Pop and rock features. Reuse this content.
Order by newest oldest recommendations. Show 25 25 50 All.
- - The Washington Post.
- Site Navigation.
- Donna Summer dead: Queen of Disco dies at 63 after cancer battle.
- Data Protection Choices;
- Donna Summer?
- Donna Summer?
Threads collapsed expanded unthreaded. Loading comments… Trouble loading? Most popular.